5 Minutes, 5 Products

Autumn Baker and Teddi Covington

Everyone has those days where they are running late for class or an event and forget to do their makeup. However with five minutes and five products or less, you can create a look that is either bold or natural. Here’s how:

Step 1: Face

For the face, you can use either a BB cream or a light foundation. A BB cream is a beauty balm that gives a sheer finish, evens out the skin tone and adds color to the face. Light foundations can be a powder, cream or liquid that provides light coverage foundation. The key for the face is to use a product that you can easily apply and is not going to require additional coverage. You will want to use as few products as possible. So, a BB cream will be easier because you can apply it with your fingers and it gives enough coverage so that it’s not going to look caked. Our favorites: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream Sheer Tint 8-In-1 Skin Perfector, $7.44 at Walmart; also, Covergirl Ready, Set Gorgeous Compact Powder Foundation, $6.94 at Walmart.

Step 2: Eyes

Only two products are necessary for the eye: mascara and eyeliner. With the eyeliner, make a cat eye, line your upper lashes tightly or line under your eye — all will make your eyes look lively and not so sluggish. When you’re short on time, you want your eyes to appear more awake. Applying the mascara will define your eyes more and pull your whole look together. Favorites: L’Oreal Paris Extra-Intense Eyeliner, $7.97 at Walmart; also, FLOWER Zoom-In Ultimate Mascara, $7.98 at Walmart.

Step 3: Lips

Lips will be the last and easiest thing to do. Pick a color that goes with your outfit or just a simple nude color. Apply lipstick right from the tube and to make it last longer, blot lips with a tissue then reapply. Favorites: Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color, $1.99 at Walgreens.

Tip:

To add color to your face, use the lipstick you applied to your lips as a blush. Dab lipstick on each cheek a couple times and blend it out with your fingers. The bonus with using a lipstick is that you can keep it in your purse and when you reapply your lipstick, you can apply it to your cheeks.

There you have it. A look that can be as simple as you want and can be done in five minutes. Now, nobody will ever know that you were running late to get to your destination or going off of four hours of sleep.