Independent Collegian hires three new managers, promotes reporter

The Independent Collegian has named four new employees for the 2014-2015 academic year.

Zach Hartenburg will serve as sales manager, Salvatore Capone will serve as business manager and Danielle Gamble will serve as the new general manager. Emily Johnson, the new associate news editor, has also been named.

Hartenburg, a second-year finance major, served as a sales representative last year. He said looks forward to motivating the sales team.

“I’m excited for the paper as a whole,” Hartenburg said. “I couldn’t have better people to work with. They’re always willing to put in the time.”

Capone, a third-year business administration major, is starting his first year with the paper. His goal for the year is to improve his communication skills, and he hopes the experience will help him in his management career.

“I’m looking forward to [getting] a lot of lifelong lessons out of it, especially in the work area,” Capone said.

Gamble, a recent graduate of the University of Toledo, had served as a copy editor, news editor and editor-in-chief for the paper while she was a student.

“I’m excited to get new people in here,” Gamble said. “Somehow we have this magnet for really great quality people for some reason. Every student that works here is a hard worker and is just really talented and dedicated and makes what I do pretty easy.”