Weekly Launch Game Edition: Toledo versus Central Michigan

A closer look at the storylines of each Rockets’ home game

Marcus Dodson, Sports Reporter

So much action happens during each Toledo home football game, and the IC Sports staff is here to make sure you don’t miss any of it. This is Weekly Launch: Game Edition, the post-game version of our weekly notebook.

Injured Rockets Report

Lingering injuries have caught up to sophomore running back Kareem Hunt forcing him to miss the game against CMU.

This time it’s Hunt’s ankle that put him on the sideline in his jersey on crutches. The Rockets will be hoping to get back their running back quickly, as Hunt leads the MAC in yards per carry and is second in rushing yards, yards per game and touchdowns.

UT’s already thin secondary took another hit with the absence of defensive back Jordan Martin. The sophomore – whose injury is to the right leg – entered the season as the Rockets’ number one corner on the depth chart. The stint of time he will be out is still up in the air as he is listed as questionable, but don’t be surprised if he plays next week against Western Michigan.

Multi-tasking

Senior placekicker and team captain Jeremiah Detmer entered Saturday night having converted multiple field goals in a game 15 times over his collegiate career.

He added a 16th time against the Chippewas.

Detmer completed a 32-yard field goal on the opening drive and a 21-yard field goal on the Rockets’ second drive.

New Gear

Toledo’s football team broke out special helmets for their game against Central Michigan.

The helmets were all white with a blue outline of the traditional Rocket used by the program. The team decided to wear the helmets to coincide with the night’s “White-Out” event, in which fans were encouraged to wear all white to the game.