University of Toledo talent show to be held Oct. 23

Ashley Diel, Staff Reporter

Students at the University of Toledo will bring their talents to Doermann Theatre Oct. 23 for the annual National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) talent show.

The show is being hosted in collaboration between NPHC and the Black Student Union (BSU) so that “UT students can see that there is a united front amongst Greeks and BSU,” said Tiffany Fulford, vice president of BSU.

“The talent show is being put on for us to embrace and praise the talents students have,” Fulford said. “We want to promote a creative outlet for students and let them know we support their endeavors.”

Students will perform a wide range of talents at the show including singing, dancing and playing musical instruments.

There will be cash prizes for the first, second and third place winners. The winners will be chosen by a panel of judges consisting of three faculty members, two members from BSU and two members from NPHC, Fulford said.

Erica Mallard, a third year pharmacy major, is excited to attend the show.

“I always go to every talent show that any group on campus puts on,” Mallard said. “I don’t know why, but I just find it so interesting to see what talents other people have because you do not usually get to see those kinds of things.”

The event will begin at 7 p.m. with the doors opening at 6 p.m. To attend the talent show students must pick up a free voucher beforehand, which will be available to students at Ask Rocky beginning on Oct. 20.