Internships and Jobs
- Business Manager: The leader of the sales, distribution and operations end of the newspaper for the 2015-16 school year. Download a more detailed description here. Résumé and cover letter should be emailed to [email protected] by April 3, 2015.
- Sports Reporter: Cover weekly sporting events and write features on star athletes. To apply, email résumé and 1-3 writing samples to [email protected].
- Staff Reporter: Cover campus events and write features on interesting and relevant topics. To apply, email résumé and 1-3 writing samples to [email protected].
- Newspaper Deliverer: Delivers papers on campus and to the surrounding community Wednesday mornings. To apply, email résumé to [email protected].
- Account Executive: Work with local businesses to place their advertisements in front of students. To apply, email résumé to [email protected].
Work at The Independent Collegian
The Independent Collegian is an award-winning operation with several opportunities for registered students across the University of Toledo campus. Paid positions and class credit are available on our business and editorial staff. To inquire more about any position or department, email [email protected], call 419-530-7788 or stop by our office in Carlson Library Suite 1057.
Advertising: Find advertisers who want to buy ad space in our publication and on our website. Includes sales manager and account executives.
Distribution: Put our paper in front of our readers on and off campus. Includes distribution manager, street team leader, and newspaper deliverers.
Marketing and Ad Design: Help us and our customers with ad campaigns and design. Includes in-house ad designer.
Operations and Management: Keep our business running smoothly. Includes business manager, operations manager, and accountant.
Editorial: Create hard-hitting and entertaining content for the University of Toledo community. Includes editor-in-chief, managing editor, director of photography, section editors, associate editors, copy editors, editorial cartoonist, photographers, staff reporters, and columnists.