Toledo women’s golf team wins third straight Rocket Classic

Marcus Dodson, Sports Editor

The University of Toledo women’s golf team cruises to their third-straight Rocket Classic title with a 34-stroke victory over Ohio University at the par-72 Catawba Island Club in Port Clinton, Ohio.

UT shot a 25-over par (889) as a team led by senior Manisa Isavas who was the tournament’s top performer at four-over par (220).
Isavas edged out teammates seniors Sathika Ruenreong and Morgan Salm who both tied for second at five-over par (221).

“It was an exciting day for us,” Head Coach Nicole Hollingsworth said. “We put together three good scores as a team, but I think the key for us was yesterday’s second round giving us a big cushion going into today. I’m very proud of the way Manisa, Sathika and Morgan played the entire tournament, and we need to carry that momentum into our final two tournaments of the fall.”

Freshmen, Pimchanok Kawil (228), Natcha Daengpiem (230) and Catriona Griffen (232) also had a solid finish for the Rockets coming in sixth, eighth, and twelfth place respectively.

Sophomore Napaphan Phongpaiboon finished tied for 19th place at 19-over par 235 and redshirt freshman Hannah Kochendoerfer placed 50th at 36-over par 252.

Toledo returns to action next week with a trip to Noblesville, Ind. for Mid-American Conference Fall Preview on Sunday-Monday, Oct. 11-12.